Houston Running

One of the leading sources for the discussion of Houston-area (and Texas as well) road racing. Focus and attention will be given to Houston-area runners, specifically HARRA members, that compete in outside-of-the-area events as well as those who do interesting things that aren't captured in the various media outlets, such as Inside Texas Running, Runner Triathlete News and Roberta MacInnis' Running Notebook in the Houston Chronicle (all fine publications and columns but with limitations too).

Name:
Location: Spring, Texas, United States

I'm a mid-to-the back of the pack runner who probably enjoys promoting runners more than I do running myself ... I've completed 21 marathons (with a 4:47:32 PR! in Austin) and 52 half marathons (with a 2:09:58 PR! in Oregon) since November 2003 ... I've done a marathon in 12 states, half marathon in 23 and an event in 30 states and one Canadian province ... I have a 13-year-old daughter, Waverly Nicole, who completed her first half marathon in January 2006, made only two B's each of the last two years, was the only sixth grader to sing a solo (Carrie Underwood's Don't Forget To Remember Me) in their choir program (adding Taylor Swift's Tim McGraw in '08) and scored a 19 on the ACT in December 2007 as a seventh grader ... Waverly and I are members of the following clubs -- the Seven Hills Running Club, HARRA and The Woodlands Running Club ... I'm Marathon Maniac #308 ... I edit HARRA's Footprints in Inside Texas Running and write a column for Runner Triathlete News called, "Talking the Talk" ... I'm also the running columnist for the Courier of Montgomery County ... I'm a three-time winner of TAPPS' Sportswriter of the Year Award as well as TABC's Golden Hoops Award.

Sunday, April 15, 2007

Updating Stats

I think one of the things that made things fun was updating my race statistics after each race.

I realized this evening - here in Vancouver - that I hadn't updated my page since the end of January. And even then, I hadn't plugged in the times to those races. Wow!

+ Sunday's Vancouver Sun Run 10K will be 212th race and my 11th race of 2007.

+ The last two years, I had 11 events in by the end of February and in 2004, by the end of March.

+ I've run more race miles (126.2) in 2007 than I did in 19 events (84.1 miles) the entire year of 2003.

+ Other than being injured last May, the two races that I did last month (in March) were the fewest that I had done since December 2003.

+ I've run seven (7) races in a single month six (6) different times.

+ I've run a race in 44 consecutive months. (I can hear Rick and Bill just chortling right now!)

+ I've run an event in 21 different states and one (1) Canadian province.

+ I've run 32 half marathons in 12 different states and a Canadian province.

+ I've run 14 marathons in 9 different states.

+ This is the farthest I've gone into a year without running a race on back-to-back days.

I'm already looking at the calendar for the next two weekends. The possibilities are as follows:

Saturday, April 21 - Yuri's Night 5K
Sunday, April 22 - Around the World 5K Run, College Station, 5 p.m.
Saturday, April 28 - Running for the Arts 5K, Houston
Sunday, April 29 - Germanfest 15K, Muenster (Oklahoma City Marathon)

And beyond that ....

Sunday, May 6 - Vancouver International Marathon
Saturday, May 12 - YMCA Trail Run, Conroe
Saturday, May 19 - David's Dream Run, The Woodlands (Fargo, North Dakota Marathon)
Saturday, May 26 - Run The Woodlands 5K
Sunday, June 3 - Sandcastle City Classic 10K, White Rock, BC
Saturday, June 9 - Run The Woodlands 5K (Seven Hills RC vs. The Woodlands RC)
Sunday, June 17 - Sugar Creek Mile, Sugar Land
Saturday, October 13 - Huntsville Half Marathon
Sunday, October 14 - United Space Alliance 10 Miler, Houston/Clear Lake

One of the best local race schedules? -- http://www.7hills.us/schedule.htm

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home