Houston Running

One of the leading sources for the discussion of Houston-area (and Texas as well) road racing. Focus and attention will be given to Houston-area runners, specifically HARRA members, that compete in outside-of-the-area events as well as those who do interesting things that aren't captured in the various media outlets, such as Inside Texas Running, Runner Triathlete News and Roberta MacInnis' Running Notebook in the Houston Chronicle (all fine publications and columns but with limitations too).

Name:
Location: Spring, Texas, United States

I'm a mid-to-the back of the pack runner who probably enjoys promoting runners more than I do running myself ... I've completed 21 marathons (with a 4:47:32 PR! in Austin) and 52 half marathons (with a 2:09:58 PR! in Oregon) since November 2003 ... I've done a marathon in 12 states, half marathon in 23 and an event in 30 states and one Canadian province ... I have a 13-year-old daughter, Waverly Nicole, who completed her first half marathon in January 2006, made only two B's each of the last two years, was the only sixth grader to sing a solo (Carrie Underwood's Don't Forget To Remember Me) in their choir program (adding Taylor Swift's Tim McGraw in '08) and scored a 19 on the ACT in December 2007 as a seventh grader ... Waverly and I are members of the following clubs -- the Seven Hills Running Club, HARRA and The Woodlands Running Club ... I'm Marathon Maniac #308 ... I edit HARRA's Footprints in Inside Texas Running and write a column for Runner Triathlete News called, "Talking the Talk" ... I'm also the running columnist for the Courier of Montgomery County ... I'm a three-time winner of TAPPS' Sportswriter of the Year Award as well as TABC's Golden Hoops Award.

Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Tuesday, September 4 - 4.32 Miles

These miles just plain sucked, but I have to start getting them done. I've been making excuses for too long. Somewhere in this body there is a 26- or 27-minute 5K, 55-minute 10K, close to 2-hour half marathon and about a 4:30 marathon. I just have to work to find it.

I'm not sure if it had something to do with it being a travel day out here. Or if it was the late lunch/early dinner that wasn't settling right. Or even if it was a day out from biking 16-17 miles on Monday at a fairly brisk pace.

I ran this out-and-back route here in Pasadena, California. It turns out that it is a very slight downhill going out and uphill coming back. It is enough that you can see as you get further in to each mile, and your lungs can feel it as well.

Out -- 2.14 miles @ 10:16 (21:59.28)
Back -- 2.18 miles @ 10:46 (23:28.13)
Total -- 4.32 miles @ 10:31 (45:27.41)

I felt like I was going slower than Sunday even and, yes, the numbers above there confirm it.

Bill and I talked about 6 tomorrow and 4 on Thursday. I also feel like I need to get him to look at my form and stride. It feels contrived and not loose and relaxed. It just didn't right. Maybe it is just me being tired as I write this at 1:21 a.m. Central time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home