Houston Running

One of the leading sources for the discussion of Houston-area (and Texas as well) road racing. Focus and attention will be given to Houston-area runners, specifically HARRA members, that compete in outside-of-the-area events as well as those who do interesting things that aren't captured in the various media outlets, such as Inside Texas Running, Runner Triathlete News and Roberta MacInnis' Running Notebook in the Houston Chronicle (all fine publications and columns but with limitations too).

Name:
Location: Spring, Texas, United States

I'm a mid-to-the back of the pack runner who probably enjoys promoting runners more than I do running myself ... I've completed 21 marathons (with a 4:47:32 PR! in Austin) and 52 half marathons (with a 2:09:58 PR! in Oregon) since November 2003 ... I've done a marathon in 12 states, half marathon in 23 and an event in 30 states and one Canadian province ... I have a 13-year-old daughter, Waverly Nicole, who completed her first half marathon in January 2006, made only two B's each of the last two years, was the only sixth grader to sing a solo (Carrie Underwood's Don't Forget To Remember Me) in their choir program (adding Taylor Swift's Tim McGraw in '08) and scored a 19 on the ACT in December 2007 as a seventh grader ... Waverly and I are members of the following clubs -- the Seven Hills Running Club, HARRA and The Woodlands Running Club ... I'm Marathon Maniac #308 ... I edit HARRA's Footprints in Inside Texas Running and write a column for Runner Triathlete News called, "Talking the Talk" ... I'm also the running columnist for the Courier of Montgomery County ... I'm a three-time winner of TAPPS' Sportswriter of the Year Award as well as TABC's Golden Hoops Award.

Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Battling Bloggers Team E-Mail Today!

Subject: Second TIR Battling Bloggers Team Paid!

I hope this brief message finds everyone doing well.

I just wanted to let you know that I did pay for our second team on Friday, October 31. I also have received a couple of checks here recently and I will get them deposited this weekend.

We have one opening, and I've got an invite out and one query in the queue to join our teams.

A synopsis of what we've all been doing:

+ Niki covered more than 65 miles this weekend at one of the newest and gnarliest 100-milers, the Cactus Rose in Bandera. (Dirtrunner, aka Rick Cook, also did the same.)
+ Norman, Edwin, Jessica and Holden all did the Houston Half Marathon. Manny and Cassie teamed up in the Relay and Joe Carey volunteered.
+ Erin ran the United Space Alliance 10-Miler well and is close to breaking 20 minutes in the 5K again (at the Great Pumpkin Run). Please remember that Erin is the RD for the HARRA Just For Kids Fun Run and if you can help her in any way, whether it be before or during Race Day, I'm sure she would appreciate it.
+ Jeremy got married a couple of weeks ago.
+ Ken finished the Miracle Match Marathon two weekends ago.
+ I finished Marathon 2 Marathon the weekend before that.
+ Adrienne and Norman ran the Huntsville Half Marathon ... Adrienne defended her title. Karen and her daughter volunteered for the race.
+ Norman is the new president of the Seven Hills Running Club while Ken continues as vice president.
+ Joe, Cassie, Manny and I all got in for MS150.

Some of you we haven't heard from in awhile. Drop us a line, let us know what you've been up to and please continue to look forward to the second weekend in March. If for some reason that you cannot run the race, please let me know as soon as possible.

I think Holden and Ken are doing Rocky Raccoon this weekend. (Norman e-mailed to say that he was running the 50K at Rocky Raccoon. Wow! It will be his longest run ever.)
Adrienne is running the HMSA Classical 25K downtown on Sunday. I'll be at the latter and not sure if I'm going to run the former or not.

Perhaps we can set a time for a group get together the weekend of the Chevron Houston Marathon.

Thanks,

Jon

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home