Houston Running

One of the leading sources for the discussion of Houston-area (and Texas as well) road racing. Focus and attention will be given to Houston-area runners, specifically HARRA members, that compete in outside-of-the-area events as well as those who do interesting things that aren't captured in the various media outlets, such as Inside Texas Running, Runner Triathlete News and Roberta MacInnis' Running Notebook in the Houston Chronicle (all fine publications and columns but with limitations too).

Name:
Location: Spring, Texas, United States

I'm a mid-to-the back of the pack runner who probably enjoys promoting runners more than I do running myself ... I've completed 21 marathons (with a 4:47:32 PR! in Austin) and 52 half marathons (with a 2:09:58 PR! in Oregon) since November 2003 ... I've done a marathon in 12 states, half marathon in 23 and an event in 30 states and one Canadian province ... I have a 13-year-old daughter, Waverly Nicole, who completed her first half marathon in January 2006, made only two B's each of the last two years, was the only sixth grader to sing a solo (Carrie Underwood's Don't Forget To Remember Me) in their choir program (adding Taylor Swift's Tim McGraw in '08) and scored a 19 on the ACT in December 2007 as a seventh grader ... Waverly and I are members of the following clubs -- the Seven Hills Running Club, HARRA and The Woodlands Running Club ... I'm Marathon Maniac #308 ... I edit HARRA's Footprints in Inside Texas Running and write a column for Runner Triathlete News called, "Talking the Talk" ... I'm also the running columnist for the Courier of Montgomery County ... I'm a three-time winner of TAPPS' Sportswriter of the Year Award as well as TABC's Golden Hoops Award.

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Latest: Quick Update

Things have been busy here.

Finished the Rocky Raccoon 25K (ran 15.5) on Saturday and attended the HMSA Classical 25K (biked 18 or so) on Sunday.

I'm finishing up the material for the December edition of Footprints for Inside Texas Running. That's a little stressful getting the last few club reports edited and written.

I've been so busy that I didn't get a column written for The Courier on Tuesday. I just was so pressed for time that I didn't want to do a crappy job on it - even though Iron Star was Sunday and Ten For Texas is Saturday. When you're strapped for time, it compromises the quality.

We're trying to get the permissions necessary from Barbara Bush Elementary to hold the last race of the Montgomery County Triple at the school and do a Run The Woodlands 5K in reverse. (Bill and I have engaged a little help.)

Where have I been? Getting set up in Facebook land. I think this is how you ward off getting older. I've posted a lot of the pictures that I've taken at the last many events there.

Mr. Dwyer and I are getting prepared to run the last water stop at Ten For Texas this Saturday morning before we head off to San Antonio. If you can help out, please join us. So far it is Bill, myself, Waverly, her friend Natalia, Debbie Tripp, Karen Felicidario and her daughter Emma and Holden Choi.

Work has been busy. Writing policies and procedures and I've begun to manage the Medicaid unit for a manager that has gone out on leave for three (3) months. Am mired in approving time off! That is why I'm normally a consultant. :)

Oh, yeah, I'm actually running San Antonio on Sunday.

Waverly and I are going on the road next weekend and she is going to spend two days in Jackson with me before Thanksgiving. I may try to find an event or two to run in outside of some sight seeing.

We've sent information out on our Montgomery County Endurance Athlete of the Year Awards and have received a couple of nominations so far. Roberta MacInnis and Lance Phegley will help vote on it and I have about five to six more media invitations to make. Brant Kotch will be our guest speaker on Saturday, January 10. We're excited about this.

I think that's it for the moment. Back to writing the steps to bill managed care accounts.

1 Comments:

Blogger Adrienne Langelier, MA said...

Best of luck in San Antonio! Hope you enjoy it!

5:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home