Houston Running

One of the leading sources for the discussion of Houston-area (and Texas as well) road racing. Focus and attention will be given to Houston-area runners, specifically HARRA members, that compete in outside-of-the-area events as well as those who do interesting things that aren't captured in the various media outlets, such as Inside Texas Running, Runner Triathlete News and Roberta MacInnis' Running Notebook in the Houston Chronicle (all fine publications and columns but with limitations too).

Name:
Location: Spring, Texas, United States

I'm a mid-to-the back of the pack runner who probably enjoys promoting runners more than I do running myself ... I've completed 21 marathons (with a 4:47:32 PR! in Austin) and 52 half marathons (with a 2:09:58 PR! in Oregon) since November 2003 ... I've done a marathon in 12 states, half marathon in 23 and an event in 30 states and one Canadian province ... I have a 13-year-old daughter, Waverly Nicole, who completed her first half marathon in January 2006, made only two B's each of the last two years, was the only sixth grader to sing a solo (Carrie Underwood's Don't Forget To Remember Me) in their choir program (adding Taylor Swift's Tim McGraw in '08) and scored a 19 on the ACT in December 2007 as a seventh grader ... Waverly and I are members of the following clubs -- the Seven Hills Running Club, HARRA and The Woodlands Running Club ... I'm Marathon Maniac #308 ... I edit HARRA's Footprints in Inside Texas Running and write a column for Runner Triathlete News called, "Talking the Talk" ... I'm also the running columnist for the Courier of Montgomery County ... I'm a three-time winner of TAPPS' Sportswriter of the Year Award as well as TABC's Golden Hoops Award.

Friday, July 08, 2005

An Interview with new HARRA President Tom Stilwell

Many thanks to new HARRA president Tom Stilwell for taking the time to answer a number of questions on behalf of and for the Houston running community.

The question-and-answer, which took place during the last week, can be viewed by clicking here.

(From time to time, I'll continue this interview format to help introduce you to many of the figures in the running community. I'm welcome to ideas as well! Thanks and enjoy -- JW)

3 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

Hey Jon, I think the interviews are a great idea!! I'm already looking forward to the next one.

9:07 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Oh -- and I will be at the Lunar Rendezvous Run running (not photographing ;) ). I'd love to find you and say hi.

9:07 PM  
Blogger WalkSports.com said...

Thanks, I've been wanting to do these for a long time.

I think the next interview is going to be Clint Sherrouse of Conroe, who is an excellent young runner that is party of a relay team that is doing quite well.

Perhaps Jessica can run the Rendezvous Run as well and if she isn't galavanting around the country, maybe we can drag Cassie out to watch!

3:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home