Houston Running

One of the leading sources for the discussion of Houston-area (and Texas as well) road racing. Focus and attention will be given to Houston-area runners, specifically HARRA members, that compete in outside-of-the-area events as well as those who do interesting things that aren't captured in the various media outlets, such as Inside Texas Running, Runner Triathlete News and Roberta MacInnis' Running Notebook in the Houston Chronicle (all fine publications and columns but with limitations too).

Name:
Location: Spring, Texas, United States

I'm a mid-to-the back of the pack runner who probably enjoys promoting runners more than I do running myself ... I've completed 21 marathons (with a 4:47:32 PR! in Austin) and 52 half marathons (with a 2:09:58 PR! in Oregon) since November 2003 ... I've done a marathon in 12 states, half marathon in 23 and an event in 30 states and one Canadian province ... I have a 13-year-old daughter, Waverly Nicole, who completed her first half marathon in January 2006, made only two B's each of the last two years, was the only sixth grader to sing a solo (Carrie Underwood's Don't Forget To Remember Me) in their choir program (adding Taylor Swift's Tim McGraw in '08) and scored a 19 on the ACT in December 2007 as a seventh grader ... Waverly and I are members of the following clubs -- the Seven Hills Running Club, HARRA and The Woodlands Running Club ... I'm Marathon Maniac #308 ... I edit HARRA's Footprints in Inside Texas Running and write a column for Runner Triathlete News called, "Talking the Talk" ... I'm also the running columnist for the Courier of Montgomery County ... I'm a three-time winner of TAPPS' Sportswriter of the Year Award as well as TABC's Golden Hoops Award.

Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Run The Woodlands 5K Series Announcement

The Run The Woodlands 5K Series has not died, even though the previous main link to the Series -- http://www.runningintheusa/rtw/ -- has been deleted by the event's founder without my knowledge or that of the sponsor, Luke's Locker.

The next races are on the following dates:

+ Saturday, December 23rd, 2006
+ Saturday, January 6th, 2007
+ Saturday, January 27th, 2007

Was I delayed in getting results to the founder, who posted them for us on Running In The USA's servers? Yes, I was. (I can't begin to tell you the things - and issues - that I've been juggling.)

Results for the last two races - won by Gabriel Rodriguez and Kirk Norton on the men's side and by Rachel Guenther for the women in both races - are online at the following links --

RTW #166 (http://www.walksports.com/tx1125a.htm)
RTW #167 (http://www.walksports.com/tx1209a.htm)

The results from the "Race for Hans" 5K - RTW #165 - are still a challenge and a work in progress.

Although probably not as important, yet still a surprise, it also seems that all of the results from 2005 and 2006, housed at Running In The USA, are inaccessible as well.

Add one more thing to the ever-growing list -- Build a new site!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We were thinking of staging some sort of runners intervention with you'all to get our beloved results back online. Thanks for carrying the torch.

5:26 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

If you need help, I can do a quick & simple site design for you...

10:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

why did he take it down?

I was thinking about my stats page on walksports.com.....you know a wonderful christmas gift would be an update to that page....hint hint...LOL!

10:59 AM  
Blogger WalkSports.com said...

Because I was behind on getting results to him and he couldn't be flexible in changing the one page.

I obviously have tried to be comprehensive in my race writeup and sometimes, it hasn't gotten done as quickly as he did it.

I'm thankful that he got the Series going. It was the race that people kept encouraging me to press on, etc.

It's unfortunate, but we'll move on.

The site that I do will encompass all of Montgomery County.

We're hoping to get ready to do some fun things up here in The Woodlands.

11:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home