Houston Running

One of the leading sources for the discussion of Houston-area (and Texas as well) road racing. Focus and attention will be given to Houston-area runners, specifically HARRA members, that compete in outside-of-the-area events as well as those who do interesting things that aren't captured in the various media outlets, such as Inside Texas Running, Runner Triathlete News and Roberta MacInnis' Running Notebook in the Houston Chronicle (all fine publications and columns but with limitations too).

Name:
Location: Spring, Texas, United States

I'm a mid-to-the back of the pack runner who probably enjoys promoting runners more than I do running myself ... I've completed 21 marathons (with a 4:47:32 PR! in Austin) and 52 half marathons (with a 2:09:58 PR! in Oregon) since November 2003 ... I've done a marathon in 12 states, half marathon in 23 and an event in 30 states and one Canadian province ... I have a 13-year-old daughter, Waverly Nicole, who completed her first half marathon in January 2006, made only two B's each of the last two years, was the only sixth grader to sing a solo (Carrie Underwood's Don't Forget To Remember Me) in their choir program (adding Taylor Swift's Tim McGraw in '08) and scored a 19 on the ACT in December 2007 as a seventh grader ... Waverly and I are members of the following clubs -- the Seven Hills Running Club, HARRA and The Woodlands Running Club ... I'm Marathon Maniac #308 ... I edit HARRA's Footprints in Inside Texas Running and write a column for Runner Triathlete News called, "Talking the Talk" ... I'm also the running columnist for the Courier of Montgomery County ... I'm a three-time winner of TAPPS' Sportswriter of the Year Award as well as TABC's Golden Hoops Award.

Monday, December 31, 2007

Chronicle "RunHouston" Blog is Live!

Enjoy! Thanks to YOUR response here over the last two years, this blog caught the attention of the Chronicle enough for them to ask for us to join in there!

I was asked to place this entry at the top of the blog for two reasons -- 1.) so people would be aware of a Houston-area blog on the Chronicle site and 2.) so runners wouldn't have to bookmark it separately!

Here's the live link -- http://blogs.chron.com/runhouston/!

My original statement was, "It is up to all of us - our good information and your response - to get it from the "Reader Blogs" section to the "Sports Blogs" section. Let's see how we all do!"

Well, thanks to a little help from Roberta MacInnis of the Chronicle, we're now linked off the main Sports Section page.

9 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I'm sure you'll both do a great job. I look forward to reading it.

I have a problem with your Bio on there though, it just says your "not the fastest" and doesn't mention how you're quite a veteran when it comes to marathons, and how you've improved yourself a lot. Maybe you like being modest, but I think your bio should be a little more objective.

3:18 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Very, very cool! Can't wait to see what you guys put together.

5:25 PM  
Blogger WalkSports.com said...

Keith (and Sarah), thanks.

I actually prefer to be behind the scenes. (I know you couldn't tell it with a blog, a couple of columns, etc.) I'm very privileged with the opportunities I've been given to be involved.

Having my name out there gives people the opportunity to get information to me that I can relay and promote others that otherwise might not be known about.

That's the way that I look at it. :)

Jon

6:51 PM  
Blogger TX Runner Mom said...

Wow, that's exciting! I look forward to seeing it!

7:39 AM  
Blogger Faithful Soles said...

I'm a local runner here in the Houston/Clear Lake area, and I have a web site at Faithful Soles where I have a categorized and searchable Running Blog Database that I've started (accessible from the home page). I also have a blog, but most of my running information is on Faithful Soles. Please let anyone in your network who you think would be interested know about it. Thanks for what you are doing.

3:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like you guys are going to rock all around. It's nice and glad to see this team back once again and may it runs successful.

2:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's nice yeah this guys are back. i'm simply can't wait for their next post.Looking forward their post on how maintain a body level when in a terrible stress!An important information indeed needed.Thanx!

1:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey there. Vancouver was AWESOME! Perfect running weather. Rough parts were miles 18 and 24 when we had to do an out and back over the Burrard Bridge. It was rough but I suppose it builds character, right? I passed a spectator holding a sign that said "Nobody quits today" as I ran over the bridge. Seeing that helped. I have my mantras to help get me through also. You just do whatever it takes to keep putting one foot in front of the other. You're the marathon veteran so I am sure that you know that. When is your next marathon?

4:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on the new blog!

human touch

10:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home