Houston Running

One of the leading sources for the discussion of Houston-area (and Texas as well) road racing. Focus and attention will be given to Houston-area runners, specifically HARRA members, that compete in outside-of-the-area events as well as those who do interesting things that aren't captured in the various media outlets, such as Inside Texas Running, Runner Triathlete News and Roberta MacInnis' Running Notebook in the Houston Chronicle (all fine publications and columns but with limitations too).

Name:
Location: Spring, Texas, United States

I'm a mid-to-the back of the pack runner who probably enjoys promoting runners more than I do running myself ... I've completed 21 marathons (with a 4:47:32 PR! in Austin) and 52 half marathons (with a 2:09:58 PR! in Oregon) since November 2003 ... I've done a marathon in 12 states, half marathon in 23 and an event in 30 states and one Canadian province ... I have a 13-year-old daughter, Waverly Nicole, who completed her first half marathon in January 2006, made only two B's each of the last two years, was the only sixth grader to sing a solo (Carrie Underwood's Don't Forget To Remember Me) in their choir program (adding Taylor Swift's Tim McGraw in '08) and scored a 19 on the ACT in December 2007 as a seventh grader ... Waverly and I are members of the following clubs -- the Seven Hills Running Club, HARRA and The Woodlands Running Club ... I'm Marathon Maniac #308 ... I edit HARRA's Footprints in Inside Texas Running and write a column for Runner Triathlete News called, "Talking the Talk" ... I'm also the running columnist for the Courier of Montgomery County ... I'm a three-time winner of TAPPS' Sportswriter of the Year Award as well as TABC's Golden Hoops Award.

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Note from Seven Hills RC President Niki Bellnoski

The 30th annual Huntsville Half Marathon was a success! It came and went so quickly; I can not believe it is already over. The months of planning paid off well; all the participants seemed to be pleased. To all of you who pitched in, I can not thank you enough for your commitment to your responsibilities.

Ken (Johnson) - Even though I held title of race director, this was not a one man show. You put in many months of work as well and gave me plenty of guidance.

Curtis (Barton) and Philip - Awesome job on the course! You guys had a lot of pressure on your shoulders. The course could not have been marked any better. Where you saw potential problems, you found a way to ensure no confusion.

Kathy (Cook) - You've got registration down pat! Everything about it; race day packet pick up, race day registration and race day chip distribution was perfectly organized and carried out. Thank you for doing it year after year.

Millie (Langwell) - Great job! You had another huge responsibility to ensure participants had plenty of water and Gatorade! You did a great job rounding up good volunteers too. Be sure to thank them. Also thank Norman for his help with the trailer and tables.

Jon (Walk) - Thank you for adding that personal touch to our race. I know the participants appreciate the recognition.
Waverly (Walk) - Fantastic start to our race! We enjoy having one of our own lead us in our National Anthem.

Bill (Dwyer) - Thanks for the cones and the help that you always offer! I know the cones helped Philip and Curtis tremendously.

Karen Felicidario, Ben Harvie, Hans Jaeger, Marilynn Johnson, Jan Parks, Chantel Langwell, Deanna Langwell, Colton Langwell, Lavonne Zaiontz - Thank all of you for the various ways you contributed to making Saturday happen. You all pitched in and helped where it was needed, at the moment, then proceeded to help elsewhere as assistance was needed.

I know that I have left many people out, please forgive me! Saturday was a success because of all the hard work everyone of you put into it! I sincerely thank you!

Niki Bellnoski

1 Comments:

Blogger Vince A. said...

Let me add my congrats to Waverly as well.

And jeez I think that you called out every single runner personally on the way into finish -that was well done!

5:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home