Houston Running

One of the leading sources for the discussion of Houston-area (and Texas as well) road racing. Focus and attention will be given to Houston-area runners, specifically HARRA members, that compete in outside-of-the-area events as well as those who do interesting things that aren't captured in the various media outlets, such as Inside Texas Running, Runner Triathlete News and Roberta MacInnis' Running Notebook in the Houston Chronicle (all fine publications and columns but with limitations too).

Name:
Location: Spring, Texas, United States

I'm a mid-to-the back of the pack runner who probably enjoys promoting runners more than I do running myself ... I've completed 21 marathons (with a 4:47:32 PR! in Austin) and 52 half marathons (with a 2:09:58 PR! in Oregon) since November 2003 ... I've done a marathon in 12 states, half marathon in 23 and an event in 30 states and one Canadian province ... I have a 13-year-old daughter, Waverly Nicole, who completed her first half marathon in January 2006, made only two B's each of the last two years, was the only sixth grader to sing a solo (Carrie Underwood's Don't Forget To Remember Me) in their choir program (adding Taylor Swift's Tim McGraw in '08) and scored a 19 on the ACT in December 2007 as a seventh grader ... Waverly and I are members of the following clubs -- the Seven Hills Running Club, HARRA and The Woodlands Running Club ... I'm Marathon Maniac #308 ... I edit HARRA's Footprints in Inside Texas Running and write a column for Runner Triathlete News called, "Talking the Talk" ... I'm also the running columnist for the Courier of Montgomery County ... I'm a three-time winner of TAPPS' Sportswriter of the Year Award as well as TABC's Golden Hoops Award.

Sunday, March 16, 2008

Sunday Afternoon Treadmill

Vincent, I didn't get 13.1 in today like I planned; however, I'll take 1:45 on the treadmill at Bally's in The Woodlands. (If I had gotten there a little bit sooner, I probably could have gone a little bit longer.)

I did the first 60 at 4.3 mph and the last 45 at 4.4 mph. The effort of all of my treadmill miles this week weren't too different from the 5.95 miles on Saturday morning which were at a 10:30 pace.

If I count my treadmill miles as 11-minute miles, then I logged approximately 28 miles (oops, actually 29!) for the week from Monday to Sunday.

Wednesday: 90 minutes - treadmill (8.18 miles)
Friday: 60 minutes - treadmill (5.45 miles)
Saturday: 5.95 miles
Sunday: 105 minutes - treadmill (9.54 miles)
Total: 29.12 miles

I'm not sure that I've done 29 miles in a non-race week in a long, long time. The challenge is going to be to continue to build on it without getting hurt. It's 7 p.m. on a Sunday evening and I'll feel pretty good. I told Dave Smart on Saturday morning that somewhere inside of this body there is an 8-minute (maybe high 8's) per mile runner inside screaming to get out.

Next e-mail is to my coach (yeah, I have on, but I never listen to them) to see what I should do for this coming week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home